The Group is an unincorporated association founded in 1937, governed by a charitable constitution. This document describes how trustees are nominated, co-opted and appointed. The constitution is readily available on request.
The honorary officers consist of the President, the Chairman and the Treasurer.
The affairs of the Group are managed by the Executive Committee of Trustees. The Secretary of the Group is appointed by the Executive Committee and manages the Group on a day-to-day basis, reporting to the Chairman, the Treasurer and other Trustees as appropriate.
The Group has a wholly-owned subsidiary, Georgian Enterprises & Trading Limited, established in 2007 as a private limited company, whose principal activity has been the provision of location hire agency services. A second subsidiary, Georgian Group (Holdings) Limited holds one third share ownership of land received in a bequest.
- Casework: Deals with the Group’s statutory casework and grant funding.
- Campaigns: Deals with areas of ongoing and general concern to the Group in its statutory role.
- Education and Publications: Deals with education outreach and scholarships, as well as with the Group’s written materials and published communications, chiefly the magazine and journal.
- Membership and Fundraising.
- Staff and Finance: Deals with the Group’s internal administration on these matters.
- Other working Groups are appointed as need to administer a specific locus: For example, the Annual Architectural Awards Judging Panel and the 80th Anniversary Party Committee. At least one Trustee is always present on each.
Sophie Andreae D.S.G., F.S.A., I.H.B.C.
The Rt Hon the Lord Beith
Marcus Binney O.B.E. F.S.A. Hon. F.R.I.B.A.
Lord Cormack D.L. F.S.A.
Lord Crathorne K.C.V.O.
Dan Cruickshank Hon. F.R.I.B.A.
Martin Drury F.S.A.
John Harris O.B.E., F.S.A., F.R.I.B.A.
Lord Rothschild O.M., G.B.E., Hon. F.B.A., Hon. F.R.I.B.A.