The Cleary Fund
Grants for Historic Building Conservation
The Georgian Group administers the F.E. Cleary Heritage Fund, a small charitable trust whose aim is the conservation of Georgian architecture. The Group’s Executive Committee act as the Fund’s Trustees. Grants are awarded annually to a small number of projects which focus on the repair of Georgian fabric. The maximum grant available to a single project will usually be limited to £2,500 and only in exceptional circumstances might a larger figure be awarded. Applicants are asked to specify the maximum sum they are seeking from the Cleary Fund. As the sums involved are small, the intention is therefore to prime schemes, prompt other sources to make grants and to fund specific elements in larger schemes.
The Trustees meet annually in September to consider all applications received over the year. The deadline for applications for the next round of grant-funding is 13 August 2021.
The following notes explain how to apply for a grant, what projects are eligible and the conditions attached to a grant.
How to Apply
- Before you submit your application, please read our Eligibility Criteria to find out if your project is eligible for funding. You should also familiarise yourself with our Grant Conditions before applying
- If you would like to discuss the eligibility of your project before you apply or if you have any questions regarding the Cleary Fund, please email Edward Waller, Conservation Adviser: email@example.com
- To apply for a grant, please fill in and return an Application Form. The supporting documents you will need to supply with your application are listed on the form.
- Applications via email are preferred. Please send your application to Edward Waller, Conservation Adviser: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can submit your application by post: The Georgian Group, 6 Fitzroy Square, London, W1T 5DX.
- The deadline for applications is the 31st August; you will be notified of the outcome of your grant by early October