Tues 7 March, 10.30am, £30 (incl coffee)
106 Pall Mall SW1Y 5EP
The Club was founded, in 1819, ‘for gentlemen who had travelled out of the British Isles to a distance of at least five hundred miles from London in a direct line’. Membership was extended to foreign visitors and diplomats posted to London. In 1826 money was raised to lease part of the grounds of Carlton House and Charles Barry, who later designed the Reform Club next door and the Houses of Parliament designed the current building in the late 1820s. Our guided tour will give an overview of the club’s history and interiors and includes coffee.