Training and Education
- We provide lectures, tours, and events aimed at a wide range of audiences both at home and abroad.
- A wide range of publications including technical advice sheets, a magazine, and our highly respected journal which disseminates primary research on a wide range of subject matters.
- An extensive library of publications on Georgian architecture housed at our London HQ, which contains books dating from the late seventeenth century to the present day. (Consultable by appointment.)
- A large collection of historic engravings, watercolours and drawings of Georgian country houses, known as ‘The Pardoe Collection’. (Consultable by appointment.)
- Running practical skills master classes and specialist study courses.
The Georgian Group/BSECS Dunscombe Colt Research FellowshipThe Georgian Group and the British Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies support a one-month research visit by a member of The Georgian Group to the Special Collections of the Bodleian Library in the University of Oxford. Applications will be considered from candidates seeking to research projects relating to the architecture or material culture (e.g., sculpture) of the long eighteenth century (1660-1840). The award reimburses necessary expenses of up to £1,500 to support research in Oxford during the Fellowship period. Applicants must be of postdoctoral standing or above. The Fellowship must be taken up in the 2017 calendar year. The deadline for entry is 27 January 2017.
To apply please follow the link below: